July 29, 2008

The new slippers

So in preparation for the Wiggles concert next week Shelley bought Bren and Abigail some new Wiggles merchandise. Toys, hats and......slippers!! Oh Bren loves these slippers!! I believe it is the quickest attachment he has had to anything! Here is the story-
Anthony picked Brennen up from my dad's on Monday evening, with Brennen came a Murray doll, and little "big red car" and these cute slippers. Now, I had already been warned by Shelley that he didn't want to take them off but I did not expect that he would refuse to take them off AT ALL! Here is a picture play by play of our day begining with what I came home to after work.

Here is Bren sleeping the first night with the slippers... Here he is at breakfast...
And now playing with his bus around lunchtime...

After lunch he went down for a nap, slippers in tact...and then comes the best part!!!! I took him for a walk after nap. He REFUSED to take off the slippers and put on his sandles. So I figured that once we got outside and he realized how hot it was he would want them off. But no such luck, he sat in his stroller the entire time wearing his precious slippers IN THE 90 DEGREE HEAT!!! I had to cut my walk short because I was afraid of him overheating. I did take them off for a moment against his will thinking when he felt the cool breeze on his hot tootsies then he would come to the realization....again no luck. This precious child sat in the heat holding his Bo, wearing his slippers, playing with his little bus and drinking a juice while wearing his new sunglasses and didn't flich and how hot he had to be getting. He was content as a clam. I so wish I would have had my camera because it was so funny!!

And here he is at bedtime again.... still wearing them. I am curious how long it will take me to get shoes back on those adorable pudgy feet!!

No comments: