We topped our busy weekend off (after another long nap) by heading out to our friends house where we relaxed in the back yard and played washers while the kids played in the yard until bed. It was just turning to dusk and we were getting ready to leave when the lightning bugs were starting to come out. So Bren and I had our first experience catching lightning bugs together! I was so excited it was something I have been wanting to do all summer but with daylight savings he is usually in bed before they come out. So I finished my great weekend off with a bang..... catching bugs with my boy!!!
July 7, 2008
Holiday weekend part 4
After James, Nikki and the kids left Anthony and I headed to the zoo. It was one thing he really wanted to do with his weekend off. Bren has learned some new animal words which was fun... he can now recognize and clearly say peacock and shark. He is really doing well with his language skills, new words everyday and he is now putting two and (a rare) three together at a time. We were also pleasently surprised that he got on the carousel which he had been scared of in the past. Bren is also a big fan of mommy and daddy's sunglasses so we stopped in the gift shop and got him his own pair of sunglasses with cool sharks on them. He was thrilled and kept them on most of the day, only taking them off in the shade. Again we were thrilled because he wouldn't keep sunglasses on last year. It was another great day at the zoo.
We topped our busy weekend off (after another long nap) by heading out to our friends house where we relaxed in the back yard and played washers while the kids played in the yard until bed. It was just turning to dusk and we were getting ready to leave when the lightning bugs were starting to come out. So Bren and I had our first experience catching lightning bugs together! I was so excited it was something I have been wanting to do all summer but with daylight savings he is usually in bed before they come out. So I finished my great weekend off with a bang..... catching bugs with my boy!!!


We topped our busy weekend off (after another long nap) by heading out to our friends house where we relaxed in the back yard and played washers while the kids played in the yard until bed. It was just turning to dusk and we were getting ready to leave when the lightning bugs were starting to come out. So Bren and I had our first experience catching lightning bugs together! I was so excited it was something I have been wanting to do all summer but with daylight savings he is usually in bed before they come out. So I finished my great weekend off with a bang..... catching bugs with my boy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment