








We went over to my dad's today for a good ol' fashioned Sunday cook-out with the family. Dad cooked some fabulous food on the grill while the rest of us played in the pool. I thought that Brennen and Abigail would have fun if I filled the pool with balls so before we went I gathered a bag of balls from Bren's ball pit and took them with us and threw them in. I was right, it was a hit!! Aside from the kiddos enjoying the balls my dad had a great time with them as well. He played a giant game of catch where Bren would throw them as fast as he could out of the pool and dad tried to catch and throw them back... it was hilarious. At one point Bren decided to try and get Grandma Shelley to play by throwing them at her but after she let several roll by he gave up and continued pelting them at dad.
They also had a raft that we put Brennen on to float. He called it his boat. He LOVED his boat. He refused to get out of it (the game of catch took place from the boat). Abigial joined him for a bit in the boat and and that was close to Heaven on Earth for little man! The only way I was able to trick him out was with the promise of chocolate milk. So he got out briefly for milk and a snack-like dinner and back to the boat it was. We all had a great time!

No comments:
Post a Comment