Aimee J. and I took the kids with us to the blueberry patch today. It was a hot sunny day so the kids did not last as long as we would have liked but we still got 10 lbs. of blueberries. Anthony and I might go back on Sat for more. He would like some for work and poor Aimee took her kids out in the heat of the day to work around my schedual so I am hoping to get some more for her family as well. Despite the heat the kids really enjoyed it. Both Brennen and Mason helped (Mason a little more then Bren haha) and Selby sat patiently in the wagon while we picked away. The boys took a break to play ball for a while and another sucker break a little after that but all in all they were hard workers!!! LOL too cute!
While Aimee and I separated the berries Mason took Brennen on a ride in Mason's ride-on tractor and I believe that was the highlight of Brennen's day. And considering it is only 3 pm and he has already been to art class, been blueberry picking, gone out to lunch, rode in the tractor and now is napping the fact that those 15 min were the best is quite impressive! Hopefully he will enjoy the blueberry fields just as much if we go back on Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment