October 31, 2009

Halloween



Ok so most of you know I HATE Halloween with a passion. Really I do. But I try to put my feelings aside and allow Brennen to have a good time. I do have some pretty strong feelings about costumes so there are boundries that I will always require him to stay within. This is obviously not an issue seeing as he is 3. I, however, did end up with a costume disagreement with him that I did not expect to have. I grew up always having homeade costumes. I loved this! And now looking at it from a parental perspective not only are the costumes much nicer when homeade but WAY more practical, especially at this age. I decided he would be an adorable cowboy this year. I spent quite a bit of time picking a perfect outfit that was cute that would fit well so that he was comfortable at school. I was making a cowboy belt with a big belt buckle that had an elastic waist for easy access for restroom breaks. It has all the makings of a perfect cowboy with the needs of a toddler in mind. After all that planning I showed him and he told me "NO, I want to be Buzz Lightyear". Excuse me, did my 2 yr old just tell me what he wanted to be for Halloween??? I spent over a month trying to convince him otherwise. NOPE, his mind was made up it was Buzz or nothing. He screamed when I would even get the cowboy outfit out! I even went as far as getting him cowboy boots that had Buzz on them. No, not good enough. Well after much pondering I decided that dressing up was about him and not me and that I needed to let go of my desire for the worlds cutest cowboy and allow him to wear his ugly, cheap, store bought Buzz that made him happy. And let me tell you, it really, really made him happy!
This is him at school the day of the Halloween party.


Here he is telling me that he was Buzz.

Bren-Buzz and Toy-Buzz getting ready to trick or treat.

Brennen and I met up with some friends since Anthony had to work. This is Ninja Kaden. Before trick or treating we headed to the park in NH for their little carnival.


Jessee was much braver than me, Bren or Kaden. She actually had an insect painted on her face at the park.

Camden as a gross, scary skeleton thingy.

Vampire Pierce.

All 4 of the boys ready to trick or treat. I told Brennen that I would give him a piece of candy if he allowed me to take a picture. This was him with his hands out waiting for that piece LOL.

Here is a pic of Brennen trying to keep up with the big kids. He spent the first 1/2 hour running to keep up. After every house he would run back to the sidewalk saying "I got more candy, mama" "That house gave me two pieces of candy, mama" "They gave me big candy, mama" "I go to house and say trick or treat and thank you. They give me candy. I LOVE Halloween mama". He was such a hoot, yelling out of excitement. It was like he was amazed each and every time someone gave him a piece of candy. He kept us all laughing (until the running caught up with him and he crashed).
We really had a fantastic time despite my Halloween Grinch feelings.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Well, I do have to say, he makes one ADORABLE Buzz!