We headed up to spend another day at the campgrounds with dad. It was a bit chilly and damp but the sun tried to peek through so we soaked up every last ray we could. Here is a picture of Brennen by the lake that I just thought was adorable.
Here is dad braving the cold water to collect rocks. He was teaching Brennen how to skip them. Dad is an amazing rock skipper, Brennen is excellent at watching but..........
........well you can see this rock in flight, ya it only skipped it's one skip right to the bottom via a big kerplunk LOL!
So Brennen and Abigail decided to go with what they do best, throwing rocks. Dad gathered a box full of rocks and the two of them threw till their hearts were content.
If that's not their personalities shining through then I don't know what it!
Are they not the cutest couple of toddlers. They love to throw things in water. This time it's rocks in the lake, down by the river it's pinecones.... if it can be chucked then it shall be chucked!
After rock throwing time it was fishing time! Fishing time is the best time of all!
Brennen concentrating so hard.
He actually looks like he knows what he's doing doesn't he?!?! He can reel it in by himself now. He thinks he is pretty cool getting to fish "all by himself".
Here is when the two were trying to take turns fishing. Well asking Brennen to give up his pole is a pretty big demand. But he did. Just after this picture was taken he decided to offer her a turn. While he waited for his turn to come around again he lost his balance and tumbled head first down that bank and into the water! Brrrrr It's only an inch or two deep right there and his face didn't even get wet but he was not a happy kid! Nor was I since I obviously jumped right in after him. I spent the rest of the day fishing on the bank in sock feet since my shoes were soaked. Of course I took him spare clothes and spare shoes but never thought I might need them. HA lesson learned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh it looks like such a fun day! I never bring clothes for me, either and have found need for them on several occasions! Ha! Good thing you're such a good sport! You're right - lots of hats/coats/cold weather. I went to the beach on Friday. Weird that we live in the same country!
Post a Comment