October 20, 2009

Fall Fun

I love the simple pleasures in life. Playing in freshly raked leaves on a beautiful autumn day ranks at the top of that list. Today Brennen and I were blessed with an abundance of beautiful fall leaves to enjoy out at my dad's house. We (ok dad) raked a giant pile of those leaves and Brennen and I found plenty of ways to destroy that pile. We jumped in them, ran through them, hid toys in them, made "leaf angels" in them, burried ourselves in them, had a leaf fight with them and even used the rake as a horse. These are the kinds of days that I hold so dear. The days that all of life's stresses melt away when you remember how beautiful this world that God made is. It's the kind of day that I take the extra time to really see the world through the eyes of my child and reminisce about the days that my dad made those piles for me. So please forgive the abundance of pictures in this post, I just couldn't help myself. What a perfect afternoon!















1 comment:

The West Family Adventures said...

Love the pics! He is such a cutie. Thanks for sharing.