February 2, 2009

Who says you lose your memory when you become a mom?

I made myself laugh today. Bren had a little semi-truck that I didn't recognize!! What's the big deal you ask? Well it isn't except for the fact that I learned one more interesting thing about being a parent. I learned that I, aside from one little red semi, have managed to find the space in my brain to remember useless information about hundreds of toys!! I thought about it, and everyday an uncountable number of toys cross my path and I could tell you more then you ever wanted to know about each and every one of them. For example, who bought it or gave it to us, how long we have had it, how often its played with, if its ever made it through an outing, when the batteries were last replaced, at least 3-5 different ways it could/has been played with and if any of our friends children enjoy it (and how much they play with it etc). And then I think to myself, if I could bottle all the brain power it takes to remember that many facts about hundreds of toys and join heads with other moms.....we could rule the world!! LOL


P.S. As soon and Anthony reminded me that the little red semi once had a trailer attached to it, I quickly remembered all of those wonderful facts about it. Including the fact that it no longer has a trailer attached due to the fact that Bren drove us crazy with the teeny tiny door that he enjoyed closing but could never open himself therefore forcing Anthony and I to open this rediculously tiny door over and over and over again every day.

No comments: