Since we have had a few days of decent weather Anthony, Brennen and I have taken advantage of it by getting outside. We took a walk on Monday and as we passed by the pond we were bombarded by a huge parade of ducks! We assumed they were hungry and were hoping we were there to feed them. Well we were not, but they did not want to take no for an answer. They left the pond and ran after us. It was like nothing I have ever seen! We ran (and laughed) until they gave up and retreated. But on our way back they saw us again. We were on the other side of the street this time but they didn't care. They took off across the street coming at us! Traffic had to stop, again we laughed because while we were sad for the ducks, it was still rather funny.
So when the weather held on Tuesday we knew that first priorty was to head back to the pond to feed those ducks. I made a couple bags of a nice blend of oats, cheerios and chex and then grabbed a bag of bread. We were not suprised this time when the ducks came full force ahead at first glance of us. We had a great time feeding these hungry little guys!! It was a challenge to keep them from joining Bren in his stroller since he had a bag of food, but my holding a bag of bread up in the middle of the bunch did seem to help LOL. I could not believe how they fought over it and squawked at both us and each other. They even seemed to dance and show off hoping to gain my attention of them over the others. These pictures do not do the experience justice, but if you use your imagination maybe you will get a laugh as good as ours was!

1 comment:
That is absolutely hilarious! I have never seen ducks swarm like that. I'm sure this memory will last you forever!
Post a Comment