December 8, 2008
O Christmas Tree
So last night we put up our Christmas tree. Brennen is really enjoying Christmas this year as he has figured out who Santa is, the joy of a present and how pretty Christmas lights are. We were very excited to include him in the decorating festivities this year!! I have to say I laughed a lot!! As we put up the tree he got very excited. For one we let him help put the ornaments on. He especially enjoyed putting up his 3rd Christmas ornament (thanks Grandpa). He just recieved it in the mail yesterday and got to open is first gift of the season so he is loving pointing it out over and over letting us know it is his new bear. If you are not part of the Smith family then you probably don't know that Grandpa sends a Hallmark ornament every year. I have mine dating back to the early eighties and now Bren has his first 3. It is so exciting to get them out each and every year. This was the first year there has been enough to decorate the ENTIRE tree withought using any balls or ornaments that were not gifted by Grandpa Floyd!! This was a big deal to me but as we finished decorating Anthony realized he had nothing on the tree that belonged to him. Sad, so I am working on a way to make it special to him as well as Bren and I. But anyway back to my adorable toddler and the tree. As we lit the tree and finished decorating he was so excited that he just kept saying "thanks mama, thank you mama" as if we did it all for him. It was precious!!!! He is so greatful to have a "trismas tree" all to himself in his own living room. Even this afternoon when I plugged it back in he jumped for joy yelling once again "thanks mama!!" You can't help but smile at the joy of a Christmas tree!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a cute story. I wish I was there to see and hear it.
Post a Comment