December 12, 2008

All that glitters




So I went seeking an easy craft idea for Bren and I to do together this holiday season. I decided that we would go find pinecones and decorate them for the tree (and our loved ones trees!! so look out!) This ended up being a great project for him!!! We hunted for them, painted them with glue and then covered them with glitter. He enjoyed the gathering part, he was ok with the glueing but stand back when you give that boy a glitter shaker!!! What fun it was for him to shake that glitter all over our house!! I had to chase him down more then once to get it away from him as to not completely cover every square inch of the living room! After they were dry I took the beautifully decorated pinecones and tied a bell and a loop to finish off Bren's homeade ornaments for Christmas 2008.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, how fun! I've been looking for a similar project...but he pinecones down here are ENORMOUS! Definitely too big for a Christmas Ornament! :-) So I'm going to try to take him to the beach to find some shells, instead. I guess that's more "Florida-ish" anyway. MIss you guys. Wish I could meet your little Bren. He seems so full of life and FUN!