So there are still a lot of people here without power. I know they told my Aunt Paula that it would be Tuesday and they told a friend of mine (who lives down the street from the Powers st house in NH) that it would be Wed before they could get thier power back on. The roads have been OK and the temp seems to be rising a bit so that helps. But they better get cracking becase Monday is a low of -2 and that is a bit chilly to be without heat (insert sarcam here!!). I have been very lucky that we have had power the entire time. I think we had already paid our dues to the ice fairy 2 yrs ago when we were in IL with no family or friends, a newborn to care for, no power for days and in a city where the majority was without! But as for ice storm 2008 please keep Fort Wayne in your thoughts because this is an awful time of year to be without power! Lets hope Santa delivers heat for Christmas!
On a joyful note, in the midst of this yuck Ammi had her baby girl today!! It did not go as smooth as one would hope for but they have a healthy 6lb 7oz blessing and that is what counts!! Welcome baby Joslyn!!

1 comment:
Wow - Oh, I'm thinking of you all as you deal with this yucky weather. It seems months away for me, as I still feel like it's late summer down here. Praying for you all for safety.
Miss you.
Post a Comment