November 1, 2008

Halloween

OK so it is no secret that I hate Halloween, but I am doing my best to make it enjoyable for everyone else. So my feelings aside this will be a positive entry (mostly).
I am sure you are all so suprised by our choice of costumes for Brennen.....HA! Yes indeed he was a....... drumroll please.....BASEBALL PLAYER. If there was ever a costume to fit his personality it is this or maybe a football player, it's a toss up. He was adorable as you can imagine and giving him a bat was the best/worst costume idea ever! He was so excited to get to carry his beloved SOX bat around that it made him the happiest little boy in the world. But it also gave us a bit of a challenge at the beginning of the night seeing as he wanted to play baseball rather then get candy!! We started off our evening at the park where they have a little carnival like event every year. Games, popcorn etc.. well we had to nearly drag him to the pavilion and force him to play because he wanted to play baseball instead of play the games and get treats... yes I said it, he chose baseball over candy. That is until we found the football toss game. Well that peaked his interest so we hopped in line and he got to throw the football through the hole a couple of times. HA HA that backfired too. He threw a temper tantrum because he didn't want to leave the game. Now he just wanted to play football! This child cracks me up, not only does he choose to watch a football game on TV over cartoons but now he is choosing it over candy!! Silly boy!! Anyway we drug him away from the park by bribing him with going to see the firetruck down the road.
After the park (and the firetruck) we headed to my dad's house where he had built a bonfire and Abigail was waiting to play. We enjoyed that for a bit then we took Bren trick-or-treating in the small addition next door. It took a few houses for Bren to catch on to the concept and he struggled with putting the candy in his pumpkin bag rather then eating every piece when he got it, but once we gave him a sucker to tide him over and he realized what was happening he did great. He would go up to the door, knock, say trick or treat in his most adorable little voice and when they dropped it in he would say "anks". We were really enjoying ourselves until we came to the dreaded house.... you know the kind of house where people get a kick out of scarey decorations...the kind I HATE!! Yep well we found one of those houses that had this witch that hung by the door that talked and made noises and then it's head popped off. It scared Bren silly and he wouldn't even go to the door to get the candy. After that we had to carry him to every door and he refused to talk to the people who answered. GRRRR I will never understand what thrill people get out of these rediculous decorations!!! So thank you for traumatizing my 2 yr old! But none the less we finished up the addition and headed back to dad's to eat some dinner before heading home. Other then the witch scare we had an excellent Halloween.
The previously mentioned firetruck
This was him playing baseball in the park with Anthony
I take so many pics he is getting good at posing!

Him and Abigail playing with the leaves.... I love autumn!
I belive they were showing Rachel what they had found. I am not sure but I thought it was cute.
Aww he loves his cousin Abigail!!
Giggling by the fire.... I love the static in Bren's hair as they rolled around on the swing!
Bye Bye Halloween, we will see you next year.

No comments: