See how yummy the food looks (haha)!!
Anthony had another one of his themed dinners last night. This is one he has been wanting to do for around a year or two so he was excited that he was finally able to make it happen. This was a wine dinner that was presented and served in the dark. Yes I said it, darkness. The theory behind this is if you lose one of your senses then the others are heightened allowing you to better taste the food and wine. I was a little leary about the dinner, not becase I didn't think it would be good but becase I am so weird about my food that the thought of not seeing it was a little scary. It turned out to not be as strange as I expected and in the end it was a fun experience. I would suggest everone do it if they get the chance! It is fun to play with your dining experience!!!
Here was our Rustic Italian menu for the night. He kept it simple due to the nature of the event.
Anthony had another one of his themed dinners last night. This is one he has been wanting to do for around a year or two so he was excited that he was finally able to make it happen. This was a wine dinner that was presented and served in the dark. Yes I said it, darkness. The theory behind this is if you lose one of your senses then the others are heightened allowing you to better taste the food and wine. I was a little leary about the dinner, not becase I didn't think it would be good but becase I am so weird about my food that the thought of not seeing it was a little scary. It turned out to not be as strange as I expected and in the end it was a fun experience. I would suggest everone do it if they get the chance! It is fun to play with your dining experience!!!
Here was our Rustic Italian menu for the night. He kept it simple due to the nature of the event.
1st course
Chicken Saltimbocca
Breast of chicken wrapped in prosciutto & pan sauteed. Presented with a white truffle creamy polenta & a sage scented marsala pan sauce.
paired w/ Benvoili Friuli Pinot Grigia
2nd corse
Shrimp Risotto
Tuscan seasoned shrimp sauteed with fennel, onions, roasted red bell peppers, prosciutto & portabella mushrooms tossed with a lobster risotto.
paired w/ A. Mano Chianti
3rd course
Sicialian Meatball
Oven baked with beefsteak tomatoes, fresh mozzerella, anchovies & a sicilian marinara.
paired w/ Cusumano Nero D' Adola Sicilia
4th course
Cannoli
A classic Italian cannoli illed with a sweet marscapone cream & topped with peaches sauteed in a caramel grand marnier glaze.
paired w/ Audree Villa Giada Moscato D' Asti
A classic Italian cannoli illed with a sweet marscapone cream & topped with peaches sauteed in a caramel grand marnier glaze.
paired w/ Audree Villa Giada Moscato D' Asti
If anyone wants a recipe I have one for each of these courses!!

No comments:
Post a Comment