Brennen had his 2 yr check-up last week and I thought I would update you on all those fun developmental stats!
Weight:
At 32.6 lbs he is once again consistant in the 88th percentile. He has been in the 80 range since birth so this was not suprising.
Height:
Now here is the amazing part, he has jumped all the way to the 68th percentile in height!!! Yes I said it he is short no more!!! Here is a reflection:
12mo- 10th percentile
18mo- 30th percentile
24mo- 68th!!!! We are so excited!!
If you use the old rule of thumb he should grow up to be about 5'10" or 5'11". Perfect!
Development:
His fine and gross motor skills are right on track. He is doing well with problem solving and social skills. And he is excelling in language!! The Dr. said he has the articulation of a 3 yr old and the language skills (sentance forming) of a 4-5 yr old! Awsome! He had a Resident with him that day and he turned to her and said "this is not a normal 2 yr old, he should not be able to do that" (refering to using 4+ word sentances regularly). He said to me "you must read to him a lot" I giggled at this because I do try to read to him a lot but the squirmy little bugger won't sit still long enough to read a book! But you know me I am a talker and Bren and I spend much of our day talking. Apparently it is working. His biggest sentance to date was on Halloween. He said "Please mama, I want to play (at) park......NOW"
I am very excited to know that he is doing so well.

1 comment:
Such a big boy! And I'm so impressed with his language skills. We're still working on 2-3 word sentences!! Hope all continues to be well. Miss you.
Post a Comment