May 8, 2008

A Day of Discovery















We took Brennen to Science Central today. I have not been there in many years so I was not sure how much a 1 1/2 yr old would be able to do but we thought hey, lets give it a go. Well, I had no idea what was in store for us and I was not ready for what was to come! They have an area intended for younger kids so we headed there first. It was great, all kinds of fun things for Bren to do, the problem was that the first thing you see when you walk into the area is a big water center. Yes indeed, water lots of wet wet toys and waterfalls all at a perfect tot level. Oh what joy it was for him and Oh how unprepared I was for a very wet toddler!!!!! It took all of two minutes for him to be saturated from head to toe. No exaggeration. We unsuccessfully tried breaking him away and directing him to another area that was dry. After a short while I moved from thinking "this stinks" to a point of being truly concerned about the level of wetness so I gave him no choice but to go to the play house. Fortunately we found a steering wheel up at the top! This is also an exciting toy for him right now as he has learned to say car, bus, truck and beep. So quickly the water was forgotten and the beep beeping began (although he was still a very wet little pretend bus driver).



We continued through the building enjoying all the fun exhibits. I especially enjoyed the times when I had to pick him up to show him something, causing me to get wet as well. After looking at mirrors and lights and pushing every button we could find we rounded our way back to the water allowing him to finish soaking himself before we left. All in all it was a great day but next time I am taking 3 changes of clothes!!!

No comments: