There is nothing more precious then a sleeping child. Well I have to say that sneeking in to peek at Brennen when he is sound asleep is one of the highlights in my day. Lately he has been going through a phase that he has to take at least two sleeping buddies with him to bed. Now if you don't already know he also has an attachment to his blanket "BO". When he was an infant I was always too nervous to let him sleep with his blanket because he tossed and turned a lot and he loved to snuggle his face into anything available, so as an overpertective parent I refrained from letting him have anything in bed with him that could be a danger. Well in his insistance to sleep with a blanket against my concerns we compromised (yes he was only 5 mo old at the time) and I cut an identical blanket of his into 6 small pieces. This allowed him to have his comfort and me to have piece of mind. So now that he is much older he likes his pieces as well as his BO! So bedtime goes something like this.... I say "Bren it is time to go ni-night" then I proceed to watch him get his BO, all the little BO's he can find in the room and then depending on his mood 2 of his stuffed animals (and sometimes a plastic spoon because he has a strange attachment to them). His bed is getting more crowded by the day! But I have to say that it makes for great comic relief at the end of a long day to see my little boy sound asleep with his bottom high in the air and snuggled with all his favorite things.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment