After the aquarium we took a walk along the water to get something to eat at Navy Pier. The walk was so peaceful that Brennen took a nap in his stroller. It was quite a distance but it was such a beautiful day that Anthony and I did not mind a bit (aside from the chilly wind off of the lake). We had such a wonderful weekend!
April 21, 2008
Chicago
Sunday we decided to take a little day trip to Chicago. Since we stayed in Portage after spending the day with Anthony's family it was easy to hop the train up to the windy city. We thought it would be a ton of fun to take Bren to the aquarium! He has a fish tank at home and he really enjoys his "ishies" (aka fishies). Well, Anthony called that one right! As we walked into the aquarium Bren quickly began saying..... WOW, WOW (point) WOW!
Too funny! The best part of the trip was the stingray exhibit. It is under the floor and has a plexiglass top so you walk over stingrays and view them at the same time. Well this might not be all that amazing to you or I but to my little man it was incredible!! He hesitated ever so slightly before stepping onto the plexiglass floor but once he realized he was safe it was only a matter of seconds before he had his face planted to it looking at the "ishies". The aquarium was very busy that day and people were walking all around but I didn't want to stop him because it was such a great discovery for him. He proved to be quite an example to other toddlers in the area. Before long another little boy (about 2) joined in the fun. He too got down on his knee to get a closer look, then quickly approaching was toddler #3. There were several parents now all getting a kick out of our curious little explorers. I took some pictures but because there is not flash allowed in the aquarium they did not turn out well but I posted one so you can get an idea. I took it just before the other kids joined in.
After the aquarium we took a walk along the water to get something to eat at Navy Pier. The walk was so peaceful that Brennen took a nap in his stroller. It was quite a distance but it was such a beautiful day that Anthony and I did not mind a bit (aside from the chilly wind off of the lake). We had such a wonderful weekend!

After the aquarium we took a walk along the water to get something to eat at Navy Pier. The walk was so peaceful that Brennen took a nap in his stroller. It was quite a distance but it was such a beautiful day that Anthony and I did not mind a bit (aside from the chilly wind off of the lake). We had such a wonderful weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your little man seems to be into everything! I love it!
Post a Comment