April 14, 2008

Meal time


Meal time has been a bit of a challenge lately. Brennen is learning that he can express his independance and control through his eating habits. So he has selected a few (very few) things that he will deem acceptable to consume. In an attempt to keep him healthy and break him of this habit I have been offering a variety of new foods at every meal to give him a chance to explore and become familiar with a variety of options. Well as that is proving to be unsuccessful I have discovered that he will eat things that I eat as long as it is in the same form as mine is. To explain, if I am eating off of a plate with a fork he will eat it too as long as it is with a fork. If I am eating an apple whole then he must eat it whole and not sliced....This is proving to be both helpful and terrifying.

No comments: