September 11, 2009

Toddler Rules The World

This is a brief excerpt from a play I am writing (OK, ok it's from the story of my life, but lets just pretend). I am calling this play TODDLER RULES THE WORLD.

Act I, Scene I

Bren: stands at top of stairs SCREAMS & crys relentlessly.
Me: "go to bed Bren"
Bren:"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Me: "NOW Brennen"
Bren: (in high pitched scream) "I need somthin' real bad mama"
Me: "what do you need Brennen"
Bren: "AHHHHHH"
Me: "BRENNEN!!"
Bren: (sob sob sob) "mama, I'm cryin' here"
Me: truckin it up the stairs to assist him back to bed, "GRRRRR"
Bren: stands at top of stairs and smiles "I'm a good cryer mama"
Me: "sigh"

End scene

Act I, Scene II

Me: now lying in bed next to Mr. Trickery himself "ni-night baby, I love you"
Bren: "my cookies were really good mama" (randomly referring to pre-bed suprise)
Me: "I am glad you liked them hun"
Bren: "They are really good in my tummy too, see (lifting shirt), they are there now"
Me: "HAHAHAHAHA, you crack me up kid"
Bren: "HAHAHAHA, I funny mama"
Me: "yes buddy, you are"

End Scene

No comments: