April 6, 2009

Update

I know I have not posted in awhile but it has been a VERY busy few weeks in our house and to be honest this was not on my priority list. Free time was spent doing more things like eating and sleeping. I couldn't possibly tell you all that has been going on because there is just not enough time in my day but I will let you in on a few of the highlights (not all activities have pics to accompany them).


First I must start out by saying that the flu ran through our house and put everyone out of commision for a week. I managed to fight off the bug but Bren got it and passed it to Anthony who in turn not only got the flu but also a viral infection. I spent an entire week taking care of them and cleaning our house from top to bottom including getting out the steam cleaner and giving those couches what they deserved.

After the crazy battle of the buggies Bren and I had two busy days of play last week. My goal was to wear him out as best as possible to get him down for early bed because of a schedule change (just for last week). So the first day we went to the mall and played at the indoor play area, then we went to build-a-bear and built "Baxter" a wonderful lovable brown bear and took Baxter out for an adventure. We took him shopping, then out for cookies at Blondies (YUM), then for a ride on the carousel, then we bought Baxter his very own boy stroller (Bren LOVES pushing strollers) and pushed him around for over an hour, then it was off to storytime at the bookstore. We finished up the adventure by heading over to see daddy and let him meet our new family member. Of course Bren had to push (run) Baxter all over the parking lot at the O.B. You would think that this was a busy day but no....no luck wearing this kid down. So the next day we tried harder......
We got up first thing and went to The Plex, and indoor soccer house that sets up an incredible inflatable wonderland for the kids during school breaks. So we went there to play on the inflatable playground/moonwalk and silly kid didn't want anything to do with it, he instead played soccer for two straight hours. Running the field, kicking the balls, he even lined up 6-7 balls in front of the net and practiced scoring goals one at a time. He ran this field till he was red and sweating. He LOVED it. So I signed him up for soccer starting this Sat :) It's called Wee-Bear soccer and it is for 2-4 yr olds....TOO CUTE!!! Anyway, after our soccer excursion we grabbed a bite to eat and headed out shopping at the kids re-sale shops. We got some new books and hotwheels (like we needed more of those HA). We stopped in at my office for a minute and then headed home. At home we got Baxter and his stroller and decided to take him for a walk. We walked around the neighborhood for AN HOUR and still Bren was running like crazy. Well, I was determined to wear him out that day so we took Baxter home and off to the park we went. We played at the park for another hour, climbing, sliding, running until I started to get weak. Then we headed home once again. At home I decided to try and start the slowing down process hoping that he would start to show signs of wear. We got our some paint and turned on some Backyardigans and wouldn't ya know that sweet, crazy child of mine was dancing!!! Good Grief!! After 1/2 hr of painting/dancing we got some dinner and relaxed. I sent him to bed at my "goal" time and while I was not sure if he would stay in bed or not.....HE DID! And he crashed hard and slept well!! I will tell you what, I was EXHAUSTED at the end of those few days!! I know that at one time I had that kind of energy and stamina but I can't remember it for the life of me. That was some hard work!!

Other then our mega-play days and Anthony and I's over the top work schedules we also fit in some fun time. I went out with a couple of my girlfriends one night, Anthony managed to get out and hit a couple of Blue's jams, we made it to a Hockey game, we went the the park a few times, we of course found time to go feed those ducks, I took Bren out to my dad's where Bren and Abigial spent an afternoon throwing pinecones into the creek, apparently this is TONS of fun in the toddler world! We took Brennen to see the Easter Bunny and also spent a day shopping at the outlets where I got some serious deals!!!! So excited about that!! And we have somehow managed to fit in cleaning (kinda LOL), eating and sleeping in the midst of it all. Whew.....needless to say blogging not on that list. Of the times I did have the camera here are a few of the pics from the last few weeks.
This was not the carousel day of the Baxter outing, we had a leftover token so we went back and Anthony took Brennen on a ride a few days later. They are on the very top where you can't tell who they are.This was our firt clue that Brennen was sick. He does not take naps at all anymore so when he fell asleep in the middle of the day WHILE being outside....we knew something was wrong!Feeding the ducks.Watching the ducks at Franke Park....we really love ducks LOLYes, this is a duck butt! Bren thought it was hilarious that this duck would bob up and down. Everytime it put it's head under looking for food Bren would say "where'd he go" then the duck would come up for air and he would say "there he is" laughing hysterically!
Me out with some friends having too much fun!

No comments: