I have decided to do something (that I think) that will be fun and educational this summer. We spend so much time at the zoo that I thought I would use it to our advantage. Last summer I took Bren to the zoo about twice a week and we walked the same route and did the same things every time. This was great last year with a 1 yr old in a stroller but not so much this year. This year we are going to make it an adventure.
So this is the plan, every week or two we are going to choose a new animal to learn about. We will go to the library and get books, we will color pictures of the animal and maybe a craft. We will talk about it and learn (age appropriate of course) as much as we can about our animal of the week and then spend extra time at that animals home at our zoo.
This week began "shark week". I let Brennen pick the animal, he had 3 choices, and then we went that day and got a new book and coloring pages. We have been talking all weekend about how sharks swim in the ocean and have lots of teeth. He thinks it is really funny that sharks eat fishies and he says that sharks "look angry". Today, as I am at work writing this, Anthony has Brennen at the zoo for their first trip just the two of them and he will be taking him into the aquarium to do some extra exploring of our animal of the week (and hopefully taking a picture LOL).
I will keep all posted as we explore our way through Fort Wayne Children's Zoo!!

No comments:
Post a Comment