August 20, 2008

House of Toys

I had a house full of kids Tuesday morning! Joining Bren and I for the morning was Aimee's kids, Mason and Selby and Beckie's youngest Gabbie. To put it another way I had two 1 year olds and two 3 year olds!!! They began by playing so quietly together in the living room. I thought to myself this is too easy. Well they quickly proved to me that I was out numbered!! As soon as they realized that Bren's room was full of hidden treasures all hope for a clean home was lost!! They had all the fun in the world pulling out every toy they could find. I saw toys that I had not seen since we moved in. At first I was thinking OH NO! But then I decided that they were having a good time and I was really needing to sort through all those toys anyway and box up what has been outgrown so I will just let them have at it. Well, they did thier part in helping the process. Without exaggeration those four adorable children got out every toy out of every box that we owned. Not just out of toy boxes and such but actually taking apart every individual shape sorter, animal barn, and stacking cups (etc.) that they could find. 76 hot wheels, 102 mega blocks, 24 little people..... all of it.... on my floor!!! Then after emptying the toy box I discover Mason has decided to replace the toys with himself. He had actually crawled into the box to make sure nothing remained. Of course the phrase "monkey see, monkey do" came into play and Bren was quick to join him. Too Funny!
After they left I had the great joy of reorganizing all of it. By bed I was satisfied with the way it all turned out. They kids had fun and Bren's toys are in much better condition, each with a happy home. I had several plastic boxes in which I have toys separated. One for shapes, one for cars, one for blocks etc. I had not gotten the boxes back to thier designated homes by the time Anthony got home so when he walked in the door and went to sit down he had to laugh. He had no where to sit because the couch had been taken over by plastic toy boxes. I had to say a couch of organized boxes is was a much better alternative to what the house looked like 6 hours earlier!! Enjoy the picture play-by-play of the day the toys took over my house!







1 comment:

Aimee said...

What about Mason deciding to poop on your floor?