June 3, 2008

Play-Doh

Well we had our first Play-Doh experience this weekend! I was unsure how it would go seeing as how Bren HATES to have his hands dirty. We had not introduced this fantastic fun because of this adversion to anything "getting" on his hands. This list of dislikes includes dirt, food, grass, crumbs and many other messy or textered things like leaves or fish food. But I have recently signed him up for several toddler classes over the summer and two of them are art classes and I am certain they will include things such as clay and finger paint. So we decided it was time to dive into the dirty! The experience went rather well!!!! The first thing he did was try to put the Play-Doh back in the container and put the lid on but once I demonstrated how fun it was to poke it and squish it he gave it a try. Before long he was actually enjoying it. The concept of pulling it apart really upset him, I think he thought I was breaking it when I pulled it into pieces. So we skipped that experiment and found great fun in making shapes and balls. I found some shapes that he could press into it to make the impression and that went over extremely well he really likes shapes and the fun of the cause and effect warrented a good "WOW". So here it is boys and girls Brennen's first Play-Doh masterpiece!


No comments: