June 12, 2009

Canal Days

Last week was good ol' Canal Days!! This was a very important year for us because it was the first year Bren could ride the rides!!! I know that I complain about some of the people I see and I am in constant shock of what I witness BUT to me Canal Days is a staple from my childhood (and adulthood for that matter) and as a result it is of a right of passage for my little guy. He is still too small to ride the rides alone so we got both Bren and Anthony wrist bands and the two of them hit the midway and rode until an hour past bedtime!! Brennen LOVED it. Oh the joy on his face was worth every $$ and every strange, unclean person I had to stand next to! He got to ride in the ice cream truck ride, drive the cars, spin in the teacups, ride the ferris wheel and most importantly slide down the giant slide!!! After many many rides on the giant slide we had to carry him away kicking and screaming because it was so late and he had soccer first thing in the morning. (I am not just talking about Brennen, I had to drag Anthony out of there too). Then Sat since Beckie was in town she joined Brennen and Anthony for the parade and kids day in the park. Those are my two favorite activites of the entire festival and I was unfortunatly home in bed sick with the flu. So the boys and my friends enjoyed the end of the festival without me.




Beckie and Bren at the paradeAnthony helping Bren make a necklace at kid's day in the park.

No comments: