May 23, 2009

Softball game

Anthony and I used to play on a co-ed softball team together and always enjoyed it. We obviously had to quit when we moved to IL and have not been able to get back on a team since. Anthony misses it greatly and was really excited to get the chance to sub in on a game Tuesday night. It was a double header on a notoriously great team. Keep in mind that he has not picked up a bat in quite some time so hopping right in there with 10 min of warm-up after not having played in so long was a recipe for disaster. I watched this game from the bleachers with Brennen (who always enjoys baseball duh) thinking that there was a very good chance that Anthony was not going to be walking by Wed morning! Well I must say he kicked softball butt during the game. I was shocked that he picked right back up where he left off playing like the excellent athlete that he is, but I was also very correct in my prediction of the aftermath! Oh the next day was pathetic, he was a big pile of Anthony mush! I laugh as I think about it and I laughed as I watched that day. He did make it to work and through his shift without fail but he certainly crashed the moment he got back through that door (and I laughed as he fell onto the couch too)!! Good times, good times!! Sorry I have no good pictures of this fabulous event but Bren was is overdrive and consumed every bit of my attention. Not that you can tell, but this is a pic of him at bat.

No comments: