March 5, 2009

Anniversary

Last week Anthony and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. It landed on a Wednesday so work interfered with us going out but we celebrated that day with the usual. Cheap pizza and fine wine! I know it is silly but it has always been our tradition and I don't see it ever changing! We put Bren to bed and enjoyed our traditional anniversary dinner while watching a movie that made us laugh until we cried.

We did head out for a bigger celebration on Saturday. I wanted to take Anthony ice skating since he recently told me he had never been. Can you imagine, born and raised in northern Indiana and never taken to the ice!! Silly boy. So that is what we started with, ice skating at Headwaters Park. I had a really good time, Anthony says he did but I am not sure if he was saying that to make me happy or if he really did. I guess I will find out the truth the next time I suggest going LOL.

After ice skating we quickly changed and headed to dinner. Anthony took me to a popular restaurant that we had not ever been to. He chose it because of the salad bar, knowing how much I love salad bars. I must tell you, this was the greatest salad bar I have ever seen!! It had artichoke hearts, feta cheese, fresh spinach leaves and aside from the normal salad fixings it also had crab salad and pasta salad etc. I told Anthony that it needed to have an illuminous light around it, a halo above it and angelic music playing lightly because this is what I will be served in Heaven! And after the salad every course we had was delicious. Well dessert wasn't so good but at that point who cares about dessert really?

We headed after dinner to a little Irish place that opened last year that Anthony has been wanting to go to. So we stopped by there for a min and pretended we had room for one of thier Irish drinks. We were fooling ourselves. It took over an hour for us to get one drink down! Once Anthony was able to talk someone into giving him a tour of thier new fabulous kitchen, we headed out to our final destination.

We finished up our evening with midnight bowling! Jaron met us out there (our only friend that was up for such an activity so late) and we bowled until we could bowl no more. Then we drug our tired selves back home and into bed. We had such a great time doing things that we are not able to do most of the time with Bren in tow.