So morning arrives and Brennen runs into our room, jumps on the bed and excitedly yells "MAMA, DID A LEPRECHAUN COME LAST NIGHT?!?!?!" Shock, utter shock.....no panic, yes panic crosses my face. "HUH?" "Mom, Mrs. Krouse says a leprechaun visits her house and knocks over chairs and leaves treats, let's go see if he came". I went into crisis management mode, I quickly replied "Oh No! Brennen, mommy forgot to unlock the door for the leprechaun. I bet he couldn't get in! Oh mommy made a mistake!!! I promise I will call him today and ask him to come back since it was my fault" suprisingly he handled that well and said "Do you think he will come back?" (I snuck in a little life lesson here with my response :)) "Of course he will, we all make mistakes".
So that day this mama had to run all over town getting supplies and plotting how to make a leprechan mess. Chairs and toys knocked over, check. Tiny leprechaun sized streamers, check. Confetti, check. Green tootsie rolls (because that is leprechaun sized candy), check. Green ballons, check. Shamrocks (one with a Jesus loves you message for a little reminder that this is a Christian based holiday and that Saint Patrick spread the love of Jesus), check. And one green hot wheels suprise, check. Whew!! So once Bugg was tucked safely in bed that night one mischievious leprechaun came to visit. When he awoke on the 18th all was right with the world again. Crisis overted and new tradition created! Hope you all had a great Patty's day too!

No comments:
Post a Comment