July 27, 2009

Visit with Grandpa

So I just got back from my mini-vaca with Stacy and Grandpa. We had a great time minus my body deciding to crash into a little annoying cold (grrrrr).


I arrived in Atlanta Thurs night in just enough time to have a brief chat with Stacy and Jeff but we were quickly off to bed seeing as how exhausted we all were (I mean I was) and we all had to be up early. So once again I had my usual 10 min with Jeff and that's it. I promise someday that boy and I will actually spend more then an hour in the same place in the same calendar year. But as for this trip (like the others) that was all we had.


Stacy and I were up and on the road first thing Fri morning headed to Foley, AL (near Gulf Shores). It was nearly a 6 hour drive but time flew by as we had 6 hours of undivided chit-chat time to help get caught up on the past yr and a half that we have let slip by since our last time together. Yep a 6 hour drive was just what we needed (I know I am saying that from the standpoint of the passenger, not as the driver....sorry Stac).


We arrived just after lunch where Grandpa had a fabulous little meal waiting for us. We ate, rested for a min and headed off on a Dolphin cruise. This was an amazing experience, just ask Stacy, she was like a kid in a candy store watching these dolphins chase our boat!!! It really was awesome. We saw too many to count and they played in the wake of the boat chasing us like little puppies.....very cool experience (again minus the crummy cold I was fighting grrrrrr).


After the dolphins it was time for me to rest (grrr that cold again) and gear up for a night of shrimp and hushpuppies. You didn't think we were headed to southern AL without eating some fried seafood and hushpuppies did you??!!!


Saturday was greeted with a walk on the beach followed by shopping at the outlets, lots of visiting, more fried seafood with hushpuppies and wrapped up with a drink at the Legion so grandpa could show off his beautiful granddaughters.


Unfortunately Sunday came quickly and we had to say goodbye so that Stacy and I could head back to Atlanta, too short of a visit but work and families were waiting. So once again we buckled up and headed our for our next 6 hours of undistracted catching up (amazing that we didn't have a moment of silence......ok, so really not so amazing if you know me and my converstational abilities, I could go pro!!). We made great time and arrived in Atlanta early so we decided to park and take a walk before heading to the airport. We totally lucked out and ended up parking near Olympic Park!! Now it was my turn to act like a kid in a candy store!!! I was sooooo thrilled to be there. Really the most perfect unexpected ending to my trip!!! I just LOVE everything about the Olympics so just getting to be there and see the memorials and know that so many amazing athletes from all over the world walked through that park just gives me goosebumps!! How awesome is that! But after a brief look at each of the US athletes names and a quick frozen slushie we were headed to the airport for my trip home :(




Me and Grandpa on the Dolphon Cruise
Stacy and Grandpa

The dolphins chasing the boat.
Me at Olympic Park.

The Quilt of the Natons.

Oh and as for Anthony and Brennen's camping trip, they are having such a great time that they stayed. So that's where they are today, still camping!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! My computer is still broken, so Chris brought his work computer home for me today...one of my top things to do was catch up on your blog! Miss you. By the way, how did YOU do without Brennan? I know you were nervous about that.